Business Line Accountant - Lending
Company: First Mid Bank & Trust
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Responsible for various accounting responsibilities within the
loan servicing department including reporting and exception
tracking of lending activities surrounding the Bank's Commercial
and Consumer loan portfolio. Responsible for providing expertise
and escalation resolution to the loan servicing department,
branches, customers, and loan officers.Responsibilities include,
but are not limited to:
- Performs various accounting functions as assigned in accordance
with internal controls, procedures, bank lending policies and
banking regulations. Ensures customer and financial transactions
are accurately recorded.
- Manages the Bank's portfolio of Participation loans processing
payments and advances, reconciling accounts to lead bank reports,
and supporting participation sold activity and reporting to/from
- Responsible for ensuring the Bank's credit bureau reporting is
accurate, exceptions are analyzed and cleared. As well as works all
disputes to ensure they are resolved within the appropriate
- Reconciliation of various reports/systems including non-posted
transactions/ACH transactions, exception reports, etc. Researches,
analyzes, and resolves exceptions.
- Monitors and verifies adequate flood insurance coverage is
maintained on all properties in a current flood zone in compliance
with current regulations. Calculates required flood coverage by
property and monitors changes in flood maps to ensure the Bank is
covered for potential losses.
- Handles complex account maintenance and transactions, including
reversals, port merges, non-accrual loans, charged-off loans,
- Identifies, researches, and resolves complex issues that do not
have established guidelines determining correction action and
guiding the Loan Servicing Staff on processing corrections. Works
with core vendor to determine solutions. Shares knowledge of
resolution with the staff to further their loan servicing
- Identifies customer bankruptcy filings, ensuring the system is
updated to ensure compliance with bankruptcy laws. Works with
attorneys as appropriate to ensure legal notices are provided in a
- Maintains full, in-depth knowledge and is highly skilled in all
areas of loan servicing and loan operations. Participates in
training for staff. Knowledgeable on local, state, and federal
regulations affecting Loan Servicing.
- Completes required training associated with job functions.
- Performs other related duties as
- Associates degree in accounting required; Bachelor's is
- 2+ years of bank or accounting experience preferredSkills:
- Professional level of knowledge of accounting.
- High level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate
issues to employees, management, and outside vendors.
- Good analytical skills to analyze financial and procedural data
and design workflows and procedures.
- Adequate knowledge of internal policies and procedures and any
respective laws and regulations governing accounting functions to
ensure performance of job duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Thorough knowledge of loan operations, servicing, and
regulations.First Mid Bancshares, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other
applicable federal or state-protected classification.THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENTLP123
Keywords: First Mid Bank & Trust, Saint Peters , Business Line Accountant - Lending, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!