Company: Marcus Corporation
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Job Description - General Manager, Mid Rivers (2200045W) Job
Description General Manager, Mid Rivers - ( 2200045W ) Description
Broad Description of Duties: The General Manager is responsible for
managing all associates as well as all aspects of operation of
their theatre location with a goal of achieving revenue,
sales/marketing, cost control, quality measurement, staffing,
associate development, and guest satisfaction results. This
position reports to the District Director. Essential Functions/Job
Duties: Revenue / Expense Management
1. Maintains revenue, and payroll expenses, other expenses and
profit margins within the budgeted parameters. Implements
appropriate action and contingency plans when the property falls
below the established budget parameters. -
2. Provides each guest a quality movie going experience in
accordance with Company standards.
3. Sets structures and strategies to maximize revenues and gain
share through review of competitor and market conditions.
4. Adheres to budget guidelines and develops systems to control
costs and improve profitability. Is responsible for explanation of
all revenue and expense variances.
5. Works with District Director on major repairs and replacement
costs and assists with writing capital improvement proposals.
Prepares annual capital expenditure report. Complies with allocated
budgets and justifies variances. Receives authorization for
6. Assures that all orders are within the budgeted or adjusted
budgeted parameters to include adjusting of inventories up or down
to accommodate the business needs.
Sales / Marketing
1. Monitors competitors within the district for industry trends,
standards, activities and practices and takes appropriate action
2. Promotes and supports company sponsored guest and associate
3. Promotes Marcus Theatres Corporation Brand and helps create
1. Maintains the desired levels of quality assurance ratings,
including guest comment cards, accounting audits, and inspection
2. Monitors and ensures effective performance of maintenance and
concession staff through frequent discussions and inspections.
3. Maintains and administers safety and security of guests and
associates, including OSHA compliance, General Liability, and
Workers' Compensation reporting requirements. Complies with all
federal and state guidelines.
4. Ensures that all areas of the theatre are within company
standards, including quality, service, cleanliness, safety,
security, and maintenance programs. Provides concise and
informative property evaluations using a consistent measure of the
theatre's -performance in relation to observations both positive
5. Investigates and ensures corrective actions are in place for all
theatre deficiencies found via internal/external auditors, property
walk-throughs, guest or associate complaints, etc.
6. Ensures that improvements are made to enhance curb appeal,
approach, lobby presentation and auditorium experience. -
1. Recruits, selects, and retains a quality staff. Maintains
turnover at acceptable levels. Mentors associates regarding their
growth and development.
2. Trains and develops associates regarding policies, practices and
procedures. Mentors associates regarding their growth and
development to include providing leadership, praise, and
3. Conducts performance appraisals, disciplinary actions,
counseling, and discharge of associates.
4. Informs District Director on a timely basis of any operational
or personnel problems at the theatre.
5. Networks and recruits for personnel as needed.
1. Maintains associate records to comply with all Human Resources
and Payroll guidelines and procedures. Ensures timely submission of
all associate documentation into Kronos system and to Human
2. Schedules associates and maintains payroll within budget.
3. Maintains regular communications with film bookers to monitor
movie bookings. -
4. Processes daily and end of period reports. Processes accounts
payable and payroll. Assures accurate accounting of property funds,
including cash drawer, bank deposit, and change, checks, credit
cards, and petty cash. -
5. Administers the Radiant sales system for the theatre with Level
1 access to functions. Manager is responsible for the control and
distribution of passwords to the system for all users and assigning
the correct level of access according to job classification. (Box
office and concession = Level 2, assistant manager= level 3) Also
responsible for the timely removal of passwords from the system for
6. Inventories and orders supplies.
7. Performs job duties of any position with the theatre as
necessary. *The above list reflects the general details necessary
to describe the principle and essential functions of the position
and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned
for the position . Job Requirements:
- Possess strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Willing and motivated to learn new skills, tasks, and software
systems to meet the changing demands of the industry;
- Previous related management experience in all areas of theatres
- Effective management and leadership skills, with the ability to
develop staff and maintain excellent employee relations;
- Excellent skill set to include verbal/written communication,
problem identification and problem solving skills;
- Represent the company in a professional manner;
- Must complete field and classroom training programs;
- Ability to use Microsoft Suite(Word, Excel and Access, e-mail),
web access as well as operate office equipment;
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%;
- Minimum of 2-4 years of management experience;
- Industry experience preferred Physical Requirements: While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger,
handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is
required to stand, and/or walk occasionally. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 lbs. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability
to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described
here are representative of those that must be met by an individual
to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office and theatre environment. The noise
level is usually moderate to high with an occasional loud
environment. The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an individual encounters while
performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential function. Education Required:
- BA/BS degree or a combination of education and/or equivalent
Marcus Theatres is an equal opportunity employer. -We believe in
hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. -We are committed to non-discrimination in
our hiring and employment practices in accordance with all
Keywords: Marcus Corporation, Saint Peters , General Manager, Executive , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!