Program Manager/Youth Sports/St. Charles YMCA/Part-Time
Company: YMCA of Greater St Louis
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: September 25, 2022
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit
committed to strengthening community through youth development,
healthy living and social responsibility. This position will
develop, organize and coordinate high quality YMCA program(s).
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In
the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities
with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are
open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are
genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are
hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst
in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to
develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we
are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning
with you. The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance
policy regarding child abuse.
* Support planning and coordination of a program and its
* Works with director to determine current needs for program.
* Ensure implementation of policies and procedures.
* Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions.
* Manage communication through media relations, social media,
* Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda.
* Support growth and program development.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Mission Advancement
* Operational Effectiveness
* Personal Growth
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
* One to two years related experience preferred, as a coordinator
of people or activities.
* Ability to use typical business software and office
* Understanding of the role of volunteerism within the YMCA.
* Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee maybe
required to use a computer and be able to communicate using a
computer or electronic device.
* The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be
able to move around the work environment.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Program Specific Duties
* Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities.
* Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings
* Organizes and conducts coaches training and meetings.
* Creates teams from paid and financially assisted
* Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules.
* Trains and schedules sports officials.
* Develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and
* Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards.
* Coordinates and distributes team photographs.
* Organizes and hosts season parties and events.
* Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices.
* Monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment.
* Organizes and conducts sports clinics.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Keywords: YMCA of Greater St Louis, Saint Peters , Program Manager/Youth Sports/St. Charles YMCA/Part-Time, Executive , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!