Manager of Inside Plant (ISP)
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: August 4, 2019
Manage all associated Inside Plant activities. Manage staff
responsible for the reception, and distribution of off-air,
satellite, microwave, and digital transport programming up to the
outside plant utilizing coaxial cable, microwave, and fiber optic
transmission technologies. This includes the installation,
construction, operation and repair of all equipment associated with
the HE, Hubs and Optical Transport Network (OTN). Provide direction
on day-to-day activities. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage staff responsible for the reception, and distribution of
off-air, satellite, microwave, and digital transport programming up
to the outside plant utilizing coaxial cable, microwave, and fiber
optic transmission technologies.
* Develop an effective Inside Plant Operations team and assist them
with developing their skills and process adherence as to drive a
high performance culture and environment
* Responsible for the hiring, firing, training, development, and
performance management of staff.
* Ensure all cabling, equipment installation, power and cooling is
in compliance with corporate TQA standards
* Ensure field compliance with corporate standards, as well as
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations
* Assist in the budgeting processes.
* Ensure ongoing training for technical personnel
* Establish positive employee relations through effective
communication and ongoing support
* Participate in assembling capital budget needs
* Notify senior management of activities and issues
* Handle and resolve difficult issues
* Set priorities for leads and participate in the review of
performance of staff
* Ensure all required logs, records and other documentation are in
compliance with company and FCC technical requirements
* Manage on-call rotation as necessary
* Perform other duties as requested by manager
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and / or equivalent work experience
* Minimum eight (8) years HeadEnd Engineer, cable technician or
Telecom work experience
* Minimum four (4) years Network Engineering experience
* Minimum four (4) years Management / supervisory experience
* Minimum two (2) years Project Management experience
* Must possess and maintain a valid Driver s License and safe
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
* NCTI Master Technician Certification or SCTE, BDS, BTS, BTCS
Certifications, CCNA, CCDA
* Individual has gained pertinent vendor certifications to bolster
his or her effectiveness, such as: HVAC (Liebert, Trane, etc.), UPS
/ Inverter Vendor Certifications (Liebert, Alpha, etc.), Transport
Vendor Certifications and Training (Aurora, Cisco, ARRIS, etc.)
* Must be able to differentiate between different sizes and colors
of wires and to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending,
* Should be able to read general system layouts from blue prints
and system maps.
* In-depth proficiency of designing, installing and maintaining
critical facility systems and service delivery equipment for all
* Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather
while carrying tools and equipment, including ladders and fully
loaded tool belts.
* Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electric Safety
* In-depth understanding of and demonstrated ability to teach
advanced video networking, IP networking and DOCSIS.
* Work in a 24x7, fast paced environment.
* Work indoors in confined space, poorly ventilated areas such as
attics, basements and/or crawlspaces
* Work and travel in inclement weather.
* Work performed near power facilities and electricity
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter
Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to
providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to
qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered
for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and
are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age,
religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any
other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with
applicable laws, including local ordinances.
Keywords: Spectrum, Saint Peters , Manager of Inside Plant (ISP), Executive , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!