Speech-Language Pathologist - Community Based Therapy
Company: Genesis Rehab Services
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: May 11, 2022
FULL TIME POSITIONPOSITION SUMMARY: The Speech Language
Pathologist will primarily provide outpatient rehabilitation
services in an in-home setting for the older adult population. The
in-home setting could be a patient's private residence or in a
patient's room in a SNF/NF, in an assisted living facility, or in
an independent living facility. Vitality to You allows the Speech
Language Pathologist to evaluate and treat in the most functional
environment which is the patient's home. The Speech Language
Pathologist organizes and provides speech-language services for the
agency to facilitate rehabilitation. They direct patient
participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance
performance. Also, the Speech Language Pathologist facilitates the
learning of those skills and functions essential for communication
and swallowing, to diminish or remediate disorders or deficits.
They direct activities to promote and maintain health, within the
scope of practice and consistent with the Code of Ethics of the
1. As necessary or applicable, supervision of CFYs temporary
licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state
licensure requirements and professional standards.2. Responsible
for adherence to department and patient treatment schedule, timely
clinical and billing documentation requirements as well as work
related meetings.3. Attends and contributes to patient care,
staffing conferences and other related meetings.
4. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
5. Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team and the
physician to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen
consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
6. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of the
7. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire
and safety hazards.
8. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
9. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair
of equipment, as necessary.
10. Puts Patient Service first, ensuring that residents and
families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual's needs
11. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history,
systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures,
synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order
to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the
predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it,
identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care.
Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration
with the patient and caregivers, implements the speech language
pathology treatment plan, and completes all related documentation
and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but
are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas
- speech intelligibility
- oral motor skills
- swallowing disorders/dysphagia
- perceptual abilities
- psychosocial expression
- functional communication
- case management skills in the home and community12. Coordinates
the acquisition of adaptive communication devices and instructs
patients in their use.
13. Facilitates identification of hearing deficits and
appropriately refers for assessment, diagnosis rehabilitation
and/or personal amplification.
14. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's
physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
15. Instructs patient in the skills and techniques required for
participation in therapeutic activities, and evaluates patient
progress, attitudes and behavior as related to rehabilitative
16. Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to
modify/progress plan of treatment.
17. Coordinates care in the home and community with other members
of the interdisciplinary team in collaboration with the referring
Upholds the GRS Promises:
- Be ethicalI will always act with integrity and honesty, and
expect others to do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with
the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and
the Employee Handbook.
- Be respectfulI will treat others in the way I would like to be
treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will
cherish our diversity.
- Be accountableI will take responsibility for myself in my
actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same
- Be actively engagedI will make a conscious effort to be an
active part of our community. I will check email and RehabCentral
regularly to keep up-to-date on important information. I will be
aware of the numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will
always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both
inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will
approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team
members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely
manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort
to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more
importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee.
I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to
receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team
members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's
18. Performs other related duties as required.
Keywords: Genesis Rehab Services, Saint Peters , Speech-Language Pathologist - Community Based Therapy, Healthcare , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!