Specialist, Health & Safety
Company: Buckeye Partners L.P.
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: January 15, 2023
DescriptionSPECIALIST, HEALTH & SAFETY
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record
of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we
apply to safely providing service and value to our customers,
operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our
employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to
environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies.
Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of
responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to
experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our
career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate and
be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Specialist, Health & Safety
with oil and gas midstream, petroleum/chemical processing or other
heavy industrial construction health and safety compliance
experience to join our team!
Responsible for implementing health and safety policies while
supporting regional team's programs. Ensure pipeline, terminal,
processing or construction health and safety compliance, safety
auditing and emergency response activities.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
* Implementation of health, safety, and emergency response
requirements within assigned Field Operations Region.
* Assist asset teams in performing safety audits of pipeline,
processing, and terminal facilities.
* Communicate and reinforce safety behaviors for employees and
* Conduct cause map investigations for major events such as for
injuries, vehicle accidents, product releases and other incidents
* Respond to pipeline and terminal emergencies serving as the
Deputy Site Safety and Health Officer.
* Assist as liaison between Buckeye and regulatory agencies.
* Assist asset teams and provide technical advice regarding safety
equipment and safety procedures.
* Perform active work audits during routine maintenance, tank
repairs and other pipeline and terminal activities.
* Assist corporate with writing and revising Safety Manual as
* Assist asset team members in Tank Fire Fighting Action Plans and
Emergency Response Plans.
* Work with asset team and region work team to conduct PREP
Notification, Exercise Drills for the Region.
* Assist in developing Health and Safety training programs.
* Support Regional Work and Asset Team objectives and immediate
needs. This includes doing something that may be outside a normal
area of expertise or responsibility.
* And other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Safety or other
* 5+ years of experience in the health and safety field
* Two years of supervisory experience in the oil and
gas/petrochemical industry (pipeline, terminal, refinery, chemical
* Understanding of pipeline and terminal maintenance, operations
and emergency response including NIIMS Incident Command System
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office products required. Experience
in Visio and Sharepoint desired.
* Position requires extensive travel (50% - 60%). Incumbent must be
flexible and willing to travel on short notice occasionally for
extended period of times or under adverse weather conditions.
Certificates & Licenses:
* Valid Driver's license
* CSP or other relevant certifications preferred
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
* Must have excellent communication skills
* Good written communication skills, presentation skills, and
organizational and scheduling skills are essential.
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel
Physical & Safety Requirements:
* The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for
* This position may require exposure to hazardous environments and
require the wearing of a respirator.
* This position requires adherence with DOT Drug and Alcohol
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl.
* The employee must be able to perform field safety inspections,
enter confined spaces, and respond to pipeline and terminal
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess
excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must
be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise
tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal
clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as
well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus
that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our
employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs,
generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of
choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's
largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and
terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of
expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment
Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Buckeye Partners L.P., Saint Peters , Specialist, Health & Safety, Healthcare , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!