Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care - St. Peters, MO - Full Time
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: January 16, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Medical
Group St. PetersWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:SSM Health is a
Catholic not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive
health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and
fully integrated health care delivery system. Headquartered in St.
Louis, SSM Health has care delivery sites in Missouri, Illinois,
Oklahoma and Wisconsin. The health system includes 24 hospitals,
more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient care sites, 10
post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice
services, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, a
technology company and an Accountable Care Organization.With more
than 10,000 providers and 40,000 employees in four states, SSM
Health is one of the largest employers in every community it
serves. An early adopter of the electronic health record (EHR), SSM
Health is a national leader for the depth of its EHR
integration.SSM Medical Group is a member of SSM Health CareSt.
Louis and includes almost 400 primary and specialty care physicians
in 65 locations, including 6 urgent care clinics and 25 Express
Clinics. Our clinics are located in north, south and mid St. Louis
County; in St. Charles County; in Warrenton and Troy, Missouri; and
in Belleville and Maryville, Illinois.At SSM, we take pride in the
physician leadership of our Medical Group. Our physicians have a
voice in their own practice operations, as well as the overall
direction of the organization. Our SSM physician leadership allows
physicians to manage the care of their own patients and provide
appropriate treatment to meet each patients unique needs.All SSM
Health Medical Group primary care practices are nationally
recognized as NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes
and provide exceptional care through evidence-based protocols,
while coordinating and managing patient care across the
continuum.Job Summary:In collaboration with physician colleagues,
demonstrates and provides professional nursing care to patients
requiring an advanced level of knowledge and management of their
nursing care in both inpatient and ambulatory settings.Job
Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses patient of any age presenting for health care and
obtains a personal medical history, appropriate physical
examination with recording of the resulting information.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative
to patients age-specific needs.
- Addresses and responds to patient and staff requests for
information in a timely manner, prioritizing patient requests and
- Plans for patient care by making comprehensive clinical
decisions based on advanced diagnostic skills and professional
judgment, reviewing results of diagnostic tests and procedures,
developing and implementing a treatment plan for the patient and/or
family, and providing a wide range of interventions required to
- Problem solving skills demonstrated by making competent
advanced clinical decisions, utilizing appropriate resources,
consulting with physician, as appropriate, and involving management
- Maintains effective methods of formal and informal
communication with staff so that dissemination of
information/administrative decisions are conveyed in a positive and
supportive manner; motivates and supports staff to achieve
department/contractual goals and operational benchmarks.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patients transition within and between health
care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making
appropriate referrals. Facilitates referral of patients to other
appropriate community healthcare facilities, agencies and
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by
providing educational tools.
- Recognizes and utilizes opportunities to act as a change agent
by introducing nursing practice innovations.
- Evaluates nursing practices associated with specialty area,
defines needs/problems with patient care and makes constructive
suggestions that creates a positive patient outcome.
- Promotes positive health behaviors and self-care skills through
education and/or counseling.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Master's degree from nationally accredited Nurse Practitioner
- One year nursing experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) - State of Work LocationWork
Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:7017000125 St. Peters FMScheduled Weekly
Hours:40SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex.Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Saint Peters , Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care - St. Peters, MO - Full Time, Healthcare , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!