Team Member- Food Service
Company: Fresh Thyme Market
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Food Service Clerk is responsible for keeping all food
service cases stocked and clean during business hours. They are
required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly,
energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all
procedural guidelines set by the Food Service Department.Essential
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures cleanliness of food service cases, storage area, and
work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products,
keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous
debris from floor and sweeping.
- Stocks food service cases; includes presentation of product,
facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by
the Food Service Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and
- Examines the rotation of all food service products paying
particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or
- Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists
customers with purchases, information and product selection;
requires selling and cross selling of products.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment,
temperature, and quality.
- Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of
recipe cards, product coupons, promotional material, and
information on complimentary foods.
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales,
wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand
- Prepares various food service items; includes using the
appropriate ingredients and proper cooking times for product being
- Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately
weigh and label products.
- Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock
and assuring tags match products.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary,
and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.REQUIREMENTS
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while
working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to lead, support, and contribute to team
- Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.We
hire friendly, knowledgeable people who are enthusiastic about
healthy lifestyles. Our team members are encouraged to be
themselves. Instead of memorizing scripts, they're authentic,
friendly, and fun. Happy team members naturally provide better
Keywords: Fresh Thyme Market, Saint Peters , Team Member- Food Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!