Chief Merchandising Officer
Company: Veterans Canteen Service
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: August 12, 2019
The Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) at the Jefferson Barracks VA
Medical Center in St. Louis, MO is seeking a Chief Merchandising
As Chief Merchandising Officer, you will be responsible for
providing leadership and expertise in the areas of the business
impacting retail operations, sales and profitability reporting to
the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
* Develops, establishes and manages the strategic direction that
meet the needs of VCS customers, and enhance the efficiency and
profitability of services provided, e.g., retail automated systems,
e-commerce systems, national Concessionaire program, etc.
* Develops 1-3 year strategy plans for categories by customer type.
Strategies will have meaningful impact on the company income and
* Apply a strategic lens to the merchandising support of each of
VCS's product categories to ensure alignment and generate the most
favorable outcome for the organization
* Incumbent will oversee the planning, implementation, and
coordination of various field activities, including working with
internal and external stakeholder to resolve complex merchandising,
technical or operational challenges
* Develops key merchandise items and assortment, across a broad
range of categories to be sold in VCS Retail Stores and through VCS
* Participates in the design and layout of the retail department
and service department in remodeled canteens and approves the
purchase of retail and service department equipment.
* Implements the VCS retail pricing policies; develops pricing
strategies; establishes measurable sales, profitability and
productivity goals for marketing modes; monitors operational
results and deliverables i.e. sales and profit.
* Monitors buyers' visits, research studies and evaluate current
data as to market conditions and price quotations for use in
effecting changes to existing price agreements and supplementing or
reducing the number of agreements.
* The incumbent assist with evaluating and developing VCS
operational policies, procedures and training, including testing
and implementation of new systems, programs and Merchandising
Skills & Requirements
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENT EXAMPLES:
Eight (8) or more full years of specialized experience managing
e-commerce and brick and mortar sale channel strategies that has
equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to
perform the duties of the Chief Merchandising Officer.
* 8 or more years in the areas of Financial Management, Business
Management, Retail Merchandising, and Production Management.
* Strong leadership experience in supplier negotiations and
developing/executing sourcing strategies.
* Demonstrated knowledge of defining and managing merchandising
* Must have demonstrated leadership and managerial skills, critical
thinking, planning and execution of multiple projects.
* Prior experience as a Senior Director or above Merchandising role
for high volume or big-box retailer
* Demonstrated judgement interpreting and applying guidelines
* Demonstrated knowledge of retail operating procedures, policies,
regulations and guidelines.
* Demonstrated knowledge of retail strategic program goals and
* Ability to write comprehensive and concise reports, to articulate
issues, thoughts, ideas in a clear and effective manner.
* Knowledge of retail operating systems, e.g., Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, retail automated systems
and/or other operating systems applicable to VCS Field
* Ability to analyze operating, financial or other data
incorporating sound conclusions and recommendations.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send the resume and transcripts if required to
email address below:
POINT OF CONTACT: Questions regarding this announcement may be
Terrance McDonald, Human Resources Specialist, at phone (314)
Keywords: Veterans Canteen Service, Saint Peters , Chief Merchandising Officer, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!