Facilities Maintenance Worker
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Position Title: Facilities Maintenance Worker
About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek
Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales
of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential,
Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company's mission is
Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of
Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are
a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable
products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through
employee's commitment to quality, customer service and operational
Resourceful Maintenance Technician that is highly skilled in
interpreting electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, technical
manuals and HVAC trouble shooting and repair. Able to fix drywall,
and paint. Committed to providing excellent communication, and
service while working in a team environment.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other
team members accountable by having their back in support of our
Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating
others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that
deliver desired results and
- can "own it" in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for
- A "builder" who is comfortable in a continuous improvement
- Can thrive in a "legacy now" culture in which we strive to do
the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard
thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation
Why is this a great opportunity ?
- This position will allow growth and gain experience in a wide
variety of facility maintenance tasks, working both individually
and with a close-knit group that values teamwork and open
- Conforms to model shop and lab safety practices, keeps current
with methods, procedures and processes.
- Performs repair and upkeep of the building equipment and
- Conduct preventive maintenance and inspections of the facility
systems and equipment at required intervals.
- Inspection and maintenance of the facility safety equipment and
devices such as emergency lighting, fire suppression system, fire
extinguishers, eye wash stations, exhaust systems, etc.
- Ability to conduct carpentry related tasks such as wall
construction and drywall application.
- Perform some light housekeeping related tasks such as soap
disperser/sanitizer refilling, spot vacuuming, cleaning and trash
removal as needed.
- Able to perform some basic electrical wiring for appliance and
- Repair plumbing issues that may include rest room fixtures,
drains, water supplies, etc.
- Knowledge of HVAC system operation and ability to perform basic
maintenance and service for those systems as needed.
- Understands concepts and applications related to facility
- Safety- above all.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of experience in building, mechanical equipment
maintenance and repair, or combination of education /technical
school equivalent and work experience.
- Knowledge of various computer programs to include Excel, Word,
- Refrigerant handling certification.
- Training in troubleshooting of electrical and electronic
- Training in troubleshooting and repair of HVAC systems.
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Plumbing knowledge and experience.
- Able to work independently or in a close team with minimal
- Good communication, organizational and problem-solving
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time, will work in
diverse environmental conditions.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive
compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek
Global HVAC, please visit our company website at .
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity
employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age
disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Nortek, Saint Peters , Facilities Maintenance Worker, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!