Quality Control Chemist: IMMEDIATE HIRE, Pays $20/hr
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: April 9, 2021
- Pay: $20/hr (could increase given experience)
- Contract: 9 Month Contract-To-Hire (designed to go permanent
upon 9 months in position, not guaranteed)
- Shift Time: ****3RD SHIFT**** 6:00pm - 6:00am (Swing shift
cycle) further details provided upon application. 2 Week Shift
cycle with built-in days off each week/weekday.Position
- COMPLETED Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or Biology
- Chemistry degrees preferred, not required
- Laboratory experience with:
- Specific Gravity Testing
- Candidate will need to have dealt with standard instrumentation
and wet chemistry, regular lab documentationDescription:This
candidate will be in charge of running water and product tests on
their different products (cleaning products such as Lysol, Finish
Tabs, etc.) and releasing raw materials and in-process samples.
This is an extremely high-volume position. Common QC Scientists run
+100 sample tests per shift and are expected to maintain a fast
pace throughout the shift. Job Duties:
- Will be responsible for lab prep, clean-up, documentation, and
storing retained samples.
- May conduct sampling of raw materials in the plant or batch
- Predominantly run wet chemistry lab
- Tests include: viscosity, specific gravity, pH, titrations,
- instrumentation will include HPLC, UV-VIS, IR.
- This team will help out the Micro lab if needed, but this will
not be often
- Typical day: taking samples from the window and conducting
required testing, documenting, and releasing.
- Will be on their feet all day.Required Skills:
- Specific Gravity TestingTop Skills Details:Could hire someone
entry-level, but they MUST have solid work history prior to coming
in and must be mature and self-directed. Would ideally like
chemistry degree for this scenario for quicker learning curve.
About Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its
employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with
the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and
Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive
advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract
employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in
recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised
offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000
contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an
Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn
more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer
and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex,
age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Saint Peters , Quality Control Chemist: IMMEDIATE HIRE, Pays $20/hr, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!