Company: Jo-Ann Fabrics
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Team Member's responsibility first and foremost is to
deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring creativity
within our customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team
Members drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative
merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. The Team Member's role
is to create an exceptional in-store experience and provide
excellent customer service by interacting and engaging with
customers. The Team Member will also embody characteristics and
perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and Inspire.
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs. Asks open-ended questions to learn
about customers' project needs and escorts them to the desired
product's location. Engages in friendly conversation with customers
about their projects while serving them at the cutting counter,
cash register, and sales floor.
- Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash
register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism
and precision. Lift boxes from the truck and receiving area, place,
and arrange items on shelves and racks. Required to enter and exit
truck beds to remove freight. Unloads freight from the truck and
sorts it according to company procedures. Move product from
delivering truck to sales floor as needed. Stocks shelves
accurately according to planogram while maintaining a high level of
productivity and close attention to detail. Maintains high
standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning and recovering
shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any spills/messes
with a sense of urgency.
- Invites customers to participate in store activities such as
Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events.
Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, suggestive
selling, innovative merchandising and building strong customer
relationships to the JOANN brand. Works to minimize shrink in the
store by following proper policies and procedures including, but
not limited to, cutting counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and
- Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team
exceeds expectations set by Store Management. Works with Store
Management and other Team Members on projects in a friendly and
professional manner. Assists with training new Team Members on
running the register, cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and
- Education Minimum: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Experience Minimum: No experience required
- Experience Preferred: 1- 3 years previous experience in a
customer centric environment
- Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of
the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work
less than an average of 28 hours per week in a measurement period,
as defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of
hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work
any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of
day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings,
weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled
according to needs of the store and the team member's availability.
Relocation may be required for career progression.
- Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work
at least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year.
Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all
hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of
week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends,
overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these
requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company's
full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs
of the store and the team member's availability. Relocation may be
required for career progression
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work with customers and team members
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to interact collaboratively with others
- Ability to get work accomplished through others
- Ability to communicate effectively in a group environment
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on business needs
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on
consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
- Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97
pounds (under 2 lbs on a constant basis, 10 lbs on a frequent
basis, 10-49 lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-97 lbs group lifts
on an infrequent basis).
This position will be located at:
5610 SUEMANDY RD St. Peters, MO 63376
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job
summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for
this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed
as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an
at-will employer, which means that your employment may be
terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause
unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement
signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: Jo-Ann Fabrics, Saint Peters , Pttm, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!