The assistant manager will help direct and lead the staff in
order to obtain a quality work environment. The assistant will help
support a team dedicated to delivering an excellent experience and
revenue growth simultaneously with an opportunity to contribute to
every level of the gym's overall success.
The function of the Assistant Manager (ASM) position is to help
manage and control the day to day operations of the club according
to set policies and procedures and business practices.
The position reports directly to the executive in charge of club
operations (GM) and / or the Regional Manager.
All front desk, customer service, maintenance and fitness
training personnel assigned to the respective club report directly
to the General Manager as well.
- To help grow the business in regards to sales profit, and to
motivate staff to achieve this same goal.
- Ensure and monitor compliance with all policies, procedures and
- Monitor performance and effectiveness of staff when the manager
is not there.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information acquired at
- Help Manage all team members to ensure strong communication
with the goal of developing effective working relationships and
provide regular feedback to assist with motivation, performance
management and continued support.
- Responsible for being up to date with current company policies
and procedures and adhere to them.
- To undertake any additionally duties or assignments within the
overall scope of this position given by the club management,
regional managers, and so forth.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Solid work ethic with strong decision making skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal direction and
- Comfortable working a flexible rotating schedule
- Basic computer, math, and communication skills required
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Hard working, goal oriented, enthusiastic and energetic!
- 1 year Supervisor or Manager experience in a restaurant or
retail environment in a high-volume atmosphere or two years Planet
Fitness experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word,
- A High School Diploma Or Equivalent required
- A Bachelors Degree or four years supervisor or manager
- Must be CPR/AED certified
- Ability to travel to other clubs as needed
Planet Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people's lives with an affordable, high-quality
fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and
fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing
franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States,
Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We're continuously
seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free
Zone and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000
locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico,
Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia,
there's plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always
looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means
to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be
used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired
and motivated. That's where you come in. If you're looking for a
place where you can make a difference in a customer's life, you've
found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but
stay for the feeling that you're making a difference on our
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.