Clinical Ambulatory Surgery Center Director
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB TITLE: ASC Director
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The ASC Director is responsible for the administration and
supervision of all ASC personnel and is accountable to the Vice
President of Operations for coordination of all medical care given
and all related supporting services of the ambulatory surgical
center and its personnel.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: VP of Operations
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main function of the ASC Director is that of leadership and
promotion of cooperative staff effort.
The ASC Director is responsible for the allocation and
completion of assigned functions in daily operations. She/He
interprets departmental philosophy, objectives, policy and
Areas of accountability of the ASC Director are outlined as
- Assistance to surgeons through provisions of adequately
prepared service team members.
- Delegation of responsibilities and duties to professional,
technical, and ancillary personnel.
- Responsibility for performance evaluation of all department
- Coordination of administrative duties to ensure proper
functioning of the staff.
- Coordination of the provision and control of materials,
supplies, and equipment with the Director of Supply.
- Coordination of activity within the O.R. suite.
- Risk Manager Designee.
- Other responsibilities or activities as determined by the VP of
- Monitors budget compliance in daily assessment of services
- Provides input into preparation of services budget.
STANDARDS OF NURSING PRACTICE:
- Monitors compliance of staff members in the daily practice of
- Communicates compliance of nursing standards to VP of
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principals of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age of the patients served. He/She shall be
able to interpret data about the patient's status in order to
identify each patient's age specific needs and provide the care
needed by the patients group.
- Cultural practices will be addressed and supported as long as
such practices do not harm others or interfere with planned course
of medical therapy.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Monitors staff compliance with policy and procedures.
- Interprets policy and procedures to staff members.
- Enforces compliance with policy and procedures.
- Communicates non-compliance to the VP of Operations.
- Provides counseling and disciplinary measures to Ambulatory
Care Services personnel for non- compliance with policy and
STAFFING AND UTILIZATION OF SERVICES PERSONNEL:
- Assigns services personnel based on levels of competency and
the needs of the patient.
- Assures equitable staff assignments.
- Participates in selection of services personnel after
consulting with VP of Operations as needed.
- Completes and posts services personnel schedule.
- Actively participates in nursing/clinical staff meetings.
- Evaluates orientation program of all new nursing/clinical
- Communicates educational needs of nursing/clinical personnel to
VP of Operations
- Monitors staff compliance with annual re-certification
- Monitors service environment daily and assure surveillance of
safety issues and infection control program.
- Reviews monthly report of radiation detection badges and takes
appropriate action necessary.
- Assures staff participation and knowledge of fire and disaster
- Reviews electrical safety and assures all equipment is
inspected every six months.
- Reviews temperature and humidity controls and takes corrective
action as necessary.
- Reports environmental problems to the VP of Operations.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM:
- Reviews results of monthly Improvement activity and reports to
staff at regular meetings.
- Communicates with and provides input to the VP of Operations
regarding corrective action for performance improvement
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A. and/or B.S.) or equivalent;
or two to four years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center experience preferred
- Orthopedic experience preferred but not required
- RN license required
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Saint Peters , Clinical Ambulatory Surgery Center Director, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!