Custodian/ House/ St. Charles YMCA/ Part Time
Company: YMCA of Greater St Louis
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: June 8, 2021
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit
committed to strengthening community through youth development,
healthy living and social responsibility. Cleans and sanitizes
assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and
trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing,
meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping, and
other related responsibilities.
Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties
listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area
and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash
removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting,
vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow
removal, and general cleaning.
Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and
report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
May set up furniture for events.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- 18 years of age or older.
- Six months or more of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures,
manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their
safe, efficient use.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often
required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with
hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders,
walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds,
have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk,
hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require
travel to various locations.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed
to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
Keywords: YMCA of Greater St Louis, Saint Peters , Custodian/ House/ St. Charles YMCA/ Part Time, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!