Community Living Floater- St. Charles County
Company: Easter Seals Midwest
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: June 8, 2021
A career at Easterseals Midwest is more than a job -- it is an
opportunity to make a positive difference in people's lives every
day. Community Living Specialists, also known as Direct Support
Professionals (DSP's), are the link to the community for those they
serve and is one of the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful
mission driven work we provide every day.
The Community Living Floater works cooperatively with the
program staff in providing consistent programming and behavioral
interventions. Provides direct support and actively involves
clients in programming as outlined in the personal plan. Ensures
clients are safe and healthy.
- Provides overall care and services which may include dressing,
cooking, cleaning, and laundry, for people living at the
- Assists with locomotion, ambulation, bed mobility, positioning
and transfers with or without an assistive device.
- Provides medical support including, but not limited to,
catheter and colostomy care, toileting and continence care, wound
care, medication administration, G-tubes, injections, and
specialized dietary requirements. Provides bathing and personal
- Transports clients to day programming, school, or within their
community in personal vehicle.
- Responsible for implementing and having a clear understanding
of clients' support needs by reviewing each client's plan in detail
with management. Implements plan outcomes and objectives as
outlined in methodologies.
- Provides positive behavioral interventions as outlined in the
behavior development plan and performs RN delegations as
- Documents activities accurately and professionally in
behavioral data charts, task analysis, daily logs, staff
communication log, and provide information regarding community
events as needed.
- Provides education and support to clients regarding health
issues, medications, and side effects. Administers medications and
medical care according to physicians' orders and communicates any
changes in functioning, health status or behavior to team and
Supervisor. Accompanies clients to medical appointments,
communicates physician's orders to team, and completes necessary
A successful candidate will possess:
- Good communication skills and desire to provide direct support
to clients with developmental disabilities in their home and as
part of a team.
- Must be flexible, reliable, and dependable and embrace
- Must be able to foster positive professional relationships with
families and staff. Conducts self in polite and professional
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. College credit
in human service or related field preferred.
- Experience: 1 years' experience in providing direct support to
clients with autism, developmental disabilities, or behavior
disorders preferred and 1 years' experience working with
individuals with developmental disabilities who have personal care
and high medical supports needs or who have a CNA, CMA, RMA or CMT
- Specific Skills: Must have valid Missouri Chauffeur's license
(Class E license), or comparable out of state license, and current
vehicle insurance. Maintains safe driving record. Must have clean,
reliable, working vehicle with enough fuel to meet clients'
transportation needs. Must have the ability to do basic math.
- Other: Must be available to work some weekdays, weekends, and
evening shifts as required. For all full time positions, permanent
schedule must include at least one weekend shift.
Easter Seals, Easter Seals Midwest, St. Charles, St. Peters,
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Easter Seals Midwest, Saint Peters , Community Living Floater- St. Charles County, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!