Production Operator- $16/hr Plus Premium
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Title: Production Operator
Reports to: Foreman
Location: St. Peters, MO
Zoltek-Toray Group is looking for dedicated individuals to join
our team in St. Peters, MO as Production Operators in our Carbon
Fiber Composite Intermediates facility.
Zoltek produces essential products based on the definition
designated by the CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security
Agency, a division of the US Department of Homeland Security). Our
St. Peters facility supplies global products to wind turbine
generators for renewable energy. Zoltek's manufacturing of
pultrusion materials is a key component of the wind turbine blades,
which is a critical component to support the US energy
Zoltek understands that individuals have concerns during this
uncertain and rapidly changing crisis and we have taken proactive
measures to ensure employees feel comfortable and safe at Zoltek.
Such as: Enforcing social distancing, setting up operating
conditions to comply with CDC guidelines, limiting vendors and
visitors to essential only, minimizing touch points, daily and
weekly disinfecting of common areas, and plant wide disinfecting by
a third party.
Why work at Zoltek:
- Compensation: The starting rate for this role is $16.00, with
opportunities for performance based increases. However, April 11,
2021 through July 3, 2021, Production Operators will receive a
$0.75 per hour premium for hours worked. Once the premium pay
program has ended, the employee's regular pay will revert to the
standard rate, which does not include the premium pay. There is
also a 7.5% pay differential for those who work 5:45 PM - 6:00
- Home/Work Life Balance: The full-time operator positions work
12-hour shifts. Night shift schedule is 5:45 PM to 6:00 AM, Day
shift is 5:45 AM to 6:00 PM. The work week is an alternating 36 or
48 hours (12 hour shifts rotating on a 2 weeks cycle: 2 on, 2 off,
3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off) resulting in a 3 day weekend every other
week and some built in overtime.
- Development: Zoltek has a developed on-the-job training program
staffed with dedicated trainers who are here to help you succeed in
passing evaluations and substantially increasing your pay.
- Benefits: After 60 days operators are eligible for benefits
which include PTO and Sick Time, medical, dental, vision, 401K,
life insurance, fitness gym discounts, Safety Shoes Discounts,
Prescription Safety Glasses Discount, and life assistance programs.
80% of employee healthcare benefits are paid for by Zoltek.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting-up and operating equipment to process carbon fiber for
composite products (pultrusion, etc.)
- Resin/polymer mixing, batch mixing
- Continuous feeding of batch carbon fiber into machine,
inspecting product during production, and inspecting finished goods
- Restocking material
- Packaging, labeling, documentation of products
- Keeping equipment and work area safe, clean and organized,
participating in safety culture
- Effectively communicating with shift superintendent, foreman,
- Graduation from high school or a GED is preferred
- Experience of 1 year or more in manufacturing or a factory
environment, chemicals/plastics industry experience is a plus
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, read and
interpret documents, follow procedures, document information,
communicate effectively with foreman and co-workers
- Ability to work in production environment; troubleshoot and
take effective corrective action to resolve problems
- Willingness to maintain a safe and ethical work environment,
and work as a team member
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds overhead
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time; up to 12
- Ability to lift, turn, bend, reach, pull, and walk
- Must be able to wear respirator (no facial hair)
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- This position requires applicants being considered to pass a
- This position requires a background check to be processed for
all applicants being considered.
- Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides
a drug free work place.
- This position requires employees to wear long pants, long
sleeve shirts and steel toe/composite toe footwear.
The work environment characteristics described below are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Handling of carbon fiber causes moderate to severe
- Strong odors present
- Ability to wear a respirator- NO FACIAL HAIR
- Ability to wear Tyvek suit and work in moderate heat
Zoltek is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation or
expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age,
disability, veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Zoltek, Saint Peters , Production Operator- $16/hr Plus Premium, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!