Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters
Hospital proudly serves the health care needs of
families in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren counties. The 102-bed
community hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient
services including the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish St.
Peters Hospital, the Breast Health and Women’s Center, the
Cardiology Center, the Neurosurgery Center and the Outpatient
Surgery and Endoscopy Center.
St. Peters Hospital is an Accredited Chest Pain Center and carries
a Level II stroke certification. Additionally, the hospital’s
medical office building houses offices for specialists in primary
care, cardiology, obstetrics, dermatology, surgery and pulmonology.
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital also offers outpatient services
including physical therapy, a sleep lab, and cardio-pulmonary
The Housekeeper is an environmental
services worker who is responsible for daily housekeeping services
as assigned, using procedures as outlined by the hospital or
- Performs routine janitorial and cleaning activities in patient,
public and common areas using prescribed, established cleaning
- Performs discharge cleaning process in inpatient rooms and
prepares room for next admission.
- Performs room set up and changes as needed, including changing
linens, cleaning, mopping and furnishing.
- Keeps equipment clean and functional according to
- Notifies supervisor or manager of any equipment, furniture, or
building fixtures that are in need of maintenance.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer