Information About this Position
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Weekkend / Holiday Rotation
Company and Job Overview
BJC Home Care
offers patients and their families a complete range of home care
services, including skilled nursing services, adult and pediatric
hospice and supportive care, rehabilitation therapy, home infusion
therapy, infusion treatment rooms, home medical equipment and
high-tech respiratory care. Specialty home care programs also are
available, including adult and pediatric asthma, cardiac, diabetes,
orthopedic and wound care programs.
BJC Home Care provides care to thousands of patients in both
Missouri and Illinois. Serving more than 25 counties, it has become
the largest home care network in the region and one of the largest
in the country.
Processes referrals in accordance with
established agency policies and admission criteria ensuring timely
transmission to operational areas. Also, serves as a resource
liaison for all product lines, promote customer satisfaction.
- Screens referrals to ensure patients meet agency admission
criteria and comply with state and federal regulations.
- Verifies insurance benefits, obtains pre-authorizations as
necessary, assists billing department, and interprets company
services, admission criteria and medical policies to referral
sources and individuals seeking information.
- Tracks current clients that are hospitalized, placed in short
term skilled or rehabilitation facility.
- Communicates and coordinates discharge planning and educates
internal and external customers about Home Care Services and/or
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's Degree
- 2-5 years of experience
- RN License
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer