Natural Living Clerk
Company: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: June 24, 2022
If you're someone who has a genuine desire to help people live
better and healthier lives, join us as we work to be a trusted
resource in our communities, offering real people, real food at
real affordable prices across the Midwest. If you are ready to
immerse yourself in an environment, that helps shoppers naturally,
intuitively, and enjoyably find real, honest, affordable goodness
to meet them wherever they are on their wellness journey, we'd like
to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of
the Fresh Thyme Market Team!
Fresh Thyme Rewards
* Weekly pay
* Scheduling flexibility
* Paid parental leave
* Care.com/back-up care assistance
* Team member discount
* Career growth opportunities
All positions at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market are required to execute
their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales
and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to
maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team
The Vitamin & Body Care Clerk is responsible for keeping all store
natural living shelves stocked and clean during business hours.
They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a
friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to
all procedural guidelines set by the Vitamin & Body Care
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensures cleanliness of natural living aisles, storage area, and
work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products,
keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous
debris from floor and sweeping.
* Stocks department; includes presentation of product, facing,
filling, and organization of all product items as set by the
department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing
* Examines the rotation of all products paying particular attention
to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items;
including keeping a code date log for the products in order to
clear or trade out product before it is set to expire.
* Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists customers
with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling
and cross selling of products.
* Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment,
temperature, and quality.
* Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of recipe
cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on
* Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock
and assuring tags match products.
* Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product
* Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and
overall clean appearance at all times.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalency degree.
* Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Vitamin & Body
Care department processes and procedures.
* Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all
* Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while
working in a cross-functional team environment.
* Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems
* Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
* Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to
prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for
dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
* Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is
* Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
* Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
* Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and
regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
* Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
* Advanced knowledge of Natural Living products and ability to
reference customer questions.
Job Function Analysis
* Sit Rarely 1-2 hours
* Stand Continuously 1-8 hours
* Walk Continuously 2-8 hours
* Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
* Balance Frequently 34-66%
* Bend Occasionally 1-33%
* Climb (2-6 ft) Occasionally 1-33%
* Crawl Occasionally 1-33%
* Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1-33%
* Kneel Occasionally 1-33%
* Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34-66%
* Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1-33%
* 0-10 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 11-25 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 26-50 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 51-100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34-66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1-33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1-33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and
Keywords: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, Saint Peters , Natural Living Clerk, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!