Store Team Member
Company: Academy Sports + Outdoors
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you
will be required to also create a candidate home account with
Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate
contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have
included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors
job application.Come work at a place where we take pride in
creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment,
and growth.At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it
easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. Our Store
Team Members are an essential part of customer service in any
Academy store. He/she is responsible for ensuring a fast, friendly
customer service, to be able to navigate the abundance of choices
Academy has to offer, in addition to impacting customer
satisfaction, store profitability, and Academy's Mission.Job
Description:Click the link(s) below to see each individual
positions full job description:Sales Team Member Positions:
* Outdoor Enthusiast
* Sales Team Member Apparel
* Sales Team Member Fishing and Hunting
* Sales Team Member Footwear
* Sales Team Member Sports
* Store CashierLogistics/Merchandising/Operations Positions:* Asset
Protection Team Member
*Inventory Control Team Member
*Merchandising Team Member
*Receiving Team Member* eCommerce Fulfillment Team
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associates or Bachelor's in Criminal Justice preferred (Asset
Protection Team Member Only)Work Experiences:
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Operating POS equipment, symbol, and telephone preferred.
- In-direct support of people and processes to drive operational
excellence and expected sales targets. (Cashier Only)
- 4+ years of personal experience with the outdoors hobbies,
interests and skill sets; fishing and hunting experience preferred.
(Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- CPR and First Responder certification is a plus. (Asset
Protection Team Member Only)
- Loss Prevention or Criminal Justice background is a plus.
(Asset Protection Team Member Only)Skills:
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to connect, build rapport and engage with our customers
that bond with friends, family, and community through the challenge
of sports and outdoor pursuits; bilingual a plus.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with superior organizational
skills and detail orientation.
- Read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules,
operation and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations and apply
common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written,
oral or diagram form.
- Operate and coach others on the use of POS equipment, symbol
and telephone (Cashier Only)
- Writes routine reports and correspondence (Cashier Only)
- Working knowledge of inventory software and order processing
systems. (Cashier Only)
- Passionate and well-versed in the variety of outdoors hobbies,
interests and skill sets such as fishing, hunting, competitive
shooting, and camping. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- Must meet federal and state requirements for selling and
procession firearms transactions. (Fishing and Hunting Sales Team
- Must meet requirements to qualify to obtain/maintain FOID card
(Illinois only). (Fishing and Hunting Sales Team Member Only)
- Proficiently use equipment such as basic hand tools, receiving
and cleaning equipment.
- Provide prompt, friendly customer service to all team members
- Emergency response procedures
- Strong situational awareness and observation
- Please see job description for more details.Physical
Requirements & Attendance
- Ability to work flexible schedules such as nights, weekends,
and holidays based on business needs.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules
governing professional staff behavior
- Frequently required to walk, reach, and talk.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch, push and pull.
- Constantly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 60
- Constantly stand, handle, use fingers to grasp and use
repetitive motions (hands, wrist and fingers).
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focusPart timeEqual Employment OpportunityAcademy
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with
regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of
race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender
identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by
Keywords: Academy Sports + Outdoors, Saint Peters , Store Team Member, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!