Field Safety Coordinator
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 22, 2019
Requisition Number 6952
Location: 700 Market St, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63101
Position Type: Non Union
Number Open: 1
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their
lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It's a
simple idea, but one that's at the heart of our business. We're
dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and goals to better
serve them today and tomorrow. That's why we're always looking for
driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe
that offering our customers the best service means bringing
together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people,
get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our
culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We
have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to
Living Spire Behaviors
- We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each
other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing
that our collective energy makes us stronger.
- We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want
to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively
create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front
- We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for
ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace
ongoing development and process improvement with passion and
- We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective
about Spire's business and the ever-changing energy industry. We
know that every employee plays an important role in Spire's
success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move
the company forward.
Spire is seeking a Field Safety Coordinator. This position will
assist the Manager, Safety by conducting on-site safety audits,
maintaining an accurate record of compliance, attending department
safety meetings to supply content, and by being a resource for
safety concerns. This position will also assist with or perform
investigations of work related injuries and illnesses including
near miss criteria events. Additionally, the position will
interface with and support the Worker's Compensation Department and
act as an integral part of the Company's in-house safety
- Conduct on-site safety audits and accurately log and maintain a
record of compliance and/or violations
- Attend department safety meetings to critique the meetings and
provide guidance to increase the quality of the meetings
- Act as a resource for safety-related issues
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal safety
- Conduct work related injury and illness investigations
- Assist and provide input for various monthly safety meetings
- Conduct safety orientation for recently hired personnel
- Performs other duties and tasks as determined by Spire to be in
the best interest of the Company and departments served.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Three years of related gas industry experience
- Three to Five years of regulatory compliance experience
- Ability to lead by example in support of the Company's
essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity,
dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse
workforce that recognizes and respects every individual's unique
skills and perspectives.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving and changing culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build
and establish rapport with a diverse array of people.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively in
order to meet individual goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and display a positive
attitude for this dynamic environment.
Education and experience:
- College degree in safety, related field or equivalent
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
- OSHA 10-hour certification; HAZWOPER certification; First Aid,
CPR, AED certification
- Shared office environment.
- Regular travel to operations locations. Occasionally overnight
travel is required.
- Extensive outdoor work in varied weather. When conducting field
work, may be exposed to natural gas and other chemicals, extreme
hot and cold outdoor temperatures, near moving mechanical parts,
exposed to moderate to loud noise level, and work near
- Regularly on-call for incident evaluation and response.
- Typically, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with
adjustments to fulfill the operating departments' safety
- Moderate additional hours per month may be required for
off-hour audits or to attend after-hours meetings.
Spire accepts online applications through our career site at
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to
describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and
responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal
Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all
areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment,
selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion,
job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the
individual's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin,
genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran
status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State,
and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and
Inclusion pages of our career site.
Job Location: St Louis
Safety, Law, Compliance, Business Process, Service, Legal,
Keywords: Spire, Saint Peters , Field Safety Coordinator, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!