Company: Veterans Canteen Service
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: August 12, 2019
The Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) at the Jefferson Barracks VA
Medical Center in St. Louis, MO is seeking an Equal Employment
Opportunity Specialist (EEO).
As EEO Specialist, you will be responsible for providing leadership
support and expertise to the Directors Office, VCS Central Office,
VCS field operations, hourly and contract employees reporting to
the EEO Program Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to
provide support, assist with the planning, development,
implementation, evaluation and monitoring of the Affirmative Action
and Equal Employment Opportunity programs in the Veterans Canteen
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
* Serves as a staff official responsible for assignments from the
EEO Program Manager in coordinating, planning, developing,
administering, managing, advising, and evaluating the Equal
Employment Opportunity and Diversity Programs.
* Serves as consultant to employees and multi-unit field management
and executive leadership relevant to EEO including the development
of affirmative employment plans, identification of EEO
* Assists the EEO Program Manager in monitoring in the management
of the overall EEO programs on an ongoing basis.
* Communicates EEO related initiatives to the employees and senior
leadership within the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans
Canteen Service (VCS), with other Federal agencies (i.e. Office of
Resolution Management (ORM)), and the general public.
* Identifies EEO related training needs for the agency. Assists in
coordinating and conducting New Employee Orientation (NEO), and EEO
Training for employees, managers and supervisors.
* Participates in meetings, conference calls, workgroups and
training to maintain a high level of knowledge, skill and ability
in the field of EEO; conducts special studies, site assessments as
identified by the agency.
Skills & Requirements
* 1-year of professional EEO related experience that has equipped
the incumbent with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform
the duties of the EEO Specialist role.
* Demonstrates basic knowledge of Personnel Management and Federal
Personnel Regulations that involves recruitment, selection, labor
relations, job evaluation, and other Human Resources
* Demonstrated judgment in analyzing and recommending solutions to
concerns that adversely affect EEO, Diversity and Inclusion,
Affirmative Employment, ADR, Reasonable Accommodation, and the
Prevention of Workplace Harassment (including sexual
* Demonstrated leadership ability, and experience providing advice
and guidance to facility's employees, managers, supervisors, EEO,
Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
* Working knowledge and experience evaluating the EEO Programs to
ensure compliance with existing regulations and guidelines.
* Prior experience developing and conducting EEO training in the
areas of the EEO Programs, but not limited to Diversity and
Inclusion Awareness, Workplace Harassment (sexual and non-sexual),
and Special Emphasis Programs.
NOTE: Experience must be fully documented on your resume.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send the resume and transcripts if required to
email address below:
Keywords: Veterans Canteen Service, Saint Peters , EEO Specialist, Other , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!