Warehouse Manager - Scandinavian Designs
Company: Scandinavian Designs
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: February 25, 2021
View all jobs Warehouse Manager - Scandinavian Designs St.
Peters, MO -- General Labor Work with a team who are passionate
about modern design and home furnishings!
Scandinavian Designs is a home furnishings destination rooted in
our love for modern design and quality craftsmanship. We are
looking for a full-time Warehouse Manager to work in our St. Peters
location.--Working hours are Wednesday - Sunday.
The Warehouse Manager and Delivery Supervisor oversees the
day-to-day operations of the warehouse and supervises 2-5 Warehouse
Associate and supervises on-site Delivery Drivers. This role is to
ensure an accurate inventory, expedient movement of merchandise and
maintain a safe and effective team environment. The Warehouse
Manager and Delivery Supervisor works as part of the store team and
helps complete the customer experience by providing friendly and
efficient service to our customers especially during merchandise
pickups and provide final mile delivery. Warehouse Managers are
versatile and active professionals who work across roles, as part
of a team in the showroom, office and warehouse - anywhere their
efforts are needed.
What You Will Do--
- Ensure all warehouse processes are running smoothly and
- Adhere to, enforce and report all safety policies and
procedures in the warehouse and supervise deliver drivers with
- Load and unload merchandise into customers' cars and delivery
trucks avoiding damage.
- Provide "world class" customer service on the phone, in the
warehouse and on deliveries.
- Guarantee staff are properly trained to safely use tools, i.e.
forklift, pallet jack, hand tools and safe loading and unloading
- Document creation and accuracy on invoices, packing slips and
bills of landing.
- Learn product assembly and hire, train and retain Warehouse
Associates and Sales Support as needed.
- Partner with Transportation Team on all driver related matters
quickly and efficiently.
- Supervise Delivery Driver's compliance and all white glove
services with the Transportation team.
- The Warehouse Manager serves as a substitute driver as needed
and observes safe lifting methods.
- Assist with building maintenance i.e., repairs, services,
janitorial and ad-hoc responsibilities as needed.
- This position is scheduled for Wednesday - Sunday.
- Dotted Line Reporting and coordination to the Transportation
Who You Are
- Team player and good communication skills
- Willingness and desire to learn and expand job functions
- Ability to change priorities based on business needs
- Operating forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, hand tools
equipment experiences preferred
- Able to lift 75 lbs., unassisted, moving furniture in showroom,
warehouse and onto trucks.
- Basic math, computer and POS skills with a high degree of
- Have a valid state issued driver's license.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Submit to the following prior to employment:
- Pre-employment drug screening
- Physical screening and obtain and DOT Medical Card
- Background check
- Motor vehicle record check
- Be subject to random and post-accident drug screening
- Continuous standing, lifting, bending and twisting
- Comfortable at heights up to 25'--
Education: High School diploma or equivalent GED, 1-3 years
successful work experience, preferably in a warehouse
- Read and understand assemblies, instructions, shipping and
- Regular standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending,
- Exposure to external weather, heat and cold.
- Exposure to Noise and moving machinery.
- Some office setting using standard office equipment, seated at
computer, keyboard monitor and phone.
- Working hours will include weekends and holidays and will
NOTE: All applicants must satisfactorily complete our
pre-employment drug screen, physical (Obtain DOT Medical Card),
background, and motor vehicle record check.
Scandinavian Designs Offers:
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account
- 401k with employer contribution
- Work life balance - Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Fun and rewarding work
- Visually inspiring workplace
- Family-oriented team environment
- Regular schedule
- Generous merchandise discounts--
*Benefits eligibility depends on scheduled hours.
Who We Are
A family business 50+ years in the making, with over +40 furniture
showrooms across the U.S., our sister-brands (Scandinavian Designs
and Dania Furniture) are a contemporary home furnishings
destination rooted in a love for Nordic culture, modern design and
quality craftsmanship. We offer extensive product and sales
training to facilitate career growth. Our compensation includes a
competitive pay program, comprehensive health and retirement
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire
applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and
Keywords: Scandinavian Designs, Saint Peters , Warehouse Manager - Scandinavian Designs, Professions , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!