Surgical Scrub Technician Operating Room
Company: St. Peters Ambulatory Surgery Center
Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: May 11, 2022
No weekends, nights, holidays, or on call! -This is a great
opportunity to work in a brand new, state of the art building! Move
in set for May 2022! -JOB TITLE: Surgical TechnologistGENERAL
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: - Surgical technologists, also called scrubs and
surgical or operating room technicians, assist in surgical
operations under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or
other surgical personnel. Surgical technologists are members of
operating room teams, which most commonly include surgeons,
anesthesiologists, and circulating
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program
- Strong orthopedic experience required
- Podiatry and plastics experience required -
- ENT experience preferred
- Surgical skin closure skills preferredESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares and maintains medical equipment for surgical
- Before an operation, surgical technologists help prepare the
operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment,
sterile drapes, and sterile solutions.
- Follows surgery center regulations and industry procedures to
tend to patient during intra-operation procedures.
- Performs pre-operation preparations, gathering supplies and
- Assemble both sterile and non-sterile equipment, as well as
adjust and check it to ensure it is working properly.
- Help position patients on the operating table, assist the
surgical team with sterile draping and of patients
- Assist the surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and
- Pass instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and
- Hold retractors, cut sutures, and maintain correct counts:
sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments.
- Help prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for
laboratory analysis and help apply dressings.
- Operate sterilizers, lights, suction machines, and help operate
- After an operation, soak, clean, wash, dry, wrap, and sterilize
- Help clean and restock the operating room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: -
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods and lift or turn
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
environment. - - -
- Ability to concentrate for periods of up to 6 hours
- Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the
- Ability to use computer keyboard and to view a computer
monitorThis description is intended to provide only basic
guidelines for meeting job requirements. - Responsibilities,
knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as
Keywords: St. Peters Ambulatory Surgery Center, Saint Peters , Surgical Scrub Technician Operating Room, Professions , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!