Location: Saint Peters
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Job Title: Valve Technician/Machinist
Location: St. Peters, MO (Greater St. Louis, MO Area) Summary The Valve Technician/Machinist is responsible for assembling and troubleshooting engineered products for Experitec's valve, actuator, and instrumentation product lines in the valve shop. The Valve Technician/Machinist will be skilled to know and understand the purpose and principles of operating pressure relief and/or line valves. This role will be responsible for installation, connection, servicing, testing, adjustment, repair, maintenance, removal, trouble shooting, inspection and replacement of safety and relief valves. The Valve Technician/Machinist will include communication with sales and engineering resources to understand and refine customer needs. The Valve Technician/Machinist may also be called upon to back up other critical functions in the warehouse such as shipping, receiving, packaging, and staging product. Duties and Responsibilities RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble new safety relief valves to National Board V & UV Code
- Repair used safety relief valves to National Board VR Code
- Read and interpret manufacturers drawings and spring charts
- Machine nozzles, discs and associated parts to OEM specifications
- Perform measurements with: dial calipers, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Apply advanced math skills to verify critical dimensions
- Perform machine and hand lapping of nozzles and discs
- Perform valve write-ups including: Nameplate data, Guide and nozzle ring settings, and spring number
- Pressure and leak test valve to National Board and ASME standards
- Valve testing with AVK - Lift Assist Device
- Provide account manager support by phone and email
- Complete preventative maintenance on department equipment
- Perform other duties as required
- Work closely with Procurement/ Inventory to meet customer needs.
- Work closely with Operations to plan and align production/assembly results with customer needs.
- Ensure Operations has real time information on customer requirements.
- Operate available equipment in a safe and productive manner.
- Anticipate needs and constantly seek opportunity for process improvements.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP & INFLUENCE:
- Develop thorough understanding of the customer's logistical (stock, project, emergency) requirements for our products.
- Understand the importance of accuracy and timely fulfillment of customer orders and expectations.
EXPERITEC and PRINCIPAL OFFERINGS:
- Understand the delivery capabilities of Experitec and our Principals.
- Effectively influence and use internal tools, processes and relationships to optimize our performance.
- Embrace and reflect Experitec's Core Values
- Willingness to serve needs within the company as they develop.
- Collaborate with the team to use their best ideas and input for success.
- Assist with cycle counts and inventory movements.
- Assist in assembly preparations and packing along with willingness to pick up additional responsibilities.
- Ensure that our delivery performance aligns with and serves the account strategy.
Qualifications (Knowledge & Skills) EDUCATION:
- Required: High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
- Desired: Minimum 2 years of Repair Tech experience
- Hands-on work with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
- This position will require an above average mechanical aptitude, positive thinking, and high energy
- Ability to earn Emerson Certifications
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Ability and willingness to be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Ability and willingness to be in a field environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Ability and willingness to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
- Basic computer knowledge
*This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Keywords: Experitec, Saint Peters , Valve Technician/Machinist, Professions , Saint Peters, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!