Company: The Haskell Company
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 21, 2019
* Utilizes innovation in design and methods.
* Develops design concepts, recommends systems and produces pricing
and proposal documents and outline specifications.
* Researches and is responsible for discipline design compliance
with proposal/client criteria.
* Establishes Discipline basis of design.
* Analysis Ability
* Researches, documents and is responsible for discipline design
compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances, standards and
* Applies discipline specific technical standards and
* Designing for Safety incorporated into drawings.
* Ensures office standards are used.
* Responsible for discipline document checking and
interdisciplinary coordination processes. Checks the specifications
to insure that they do not conflict with the drawings.
* Coordinates work with other disciplines, including outside
consultants as applicable. Performs interdisciplinary coordination
check to minimize deficiencies, errors and omissions in drawings
* Leads the production of well-organized, finished drawings of good
appearance, accuracy, clarity and correctness.
* Manages production of a complete coordinated set of discipline
* Signs and seals design documents when assigned as Professional of
* Coordinates the review and checking of discipline shop drawings
and submittal data.
* Reviews applicable shop drawings and submittal data for
compliance with construction documents.
* Serves as discipline field interface with design team during
* Advises and assists Construction Project Managers,
Superintendents and Subcontractors in the interpretation and
clarification of construction documents.
* Participates in construction inspection to monitor compliance
with design intent, construction drawings and specifications.
Prepares inspection reports and punch lists.
* Provides solutions to field problems, responds to RFI's and
prepares field orders and addenda.
* Leads production and archiving of record drawings and
* Assists Design Manager with project closeout. Participates in
post construction review process.
Planning, Scheduling and Profitability:
* Projects and monitors discipline work plan and advises Design
Manager of work plan status.
* Projects, monitors and informs design manager of workload status
of project discipline staff.
* Participates in project strategy meetings.
* Participates in creation of overall key date schedule, including
* Creates discipline work plan for assigned projects.
* Prepares man-hour estimate for discipline work.
* Assists Design Manager in monitoring costs of discipline-related
* Participates in team review to assure discipline scope is covered
in project budgets, estimates and subcontractor bids.
* Projects and monitors discipline project budget and advises
Design Manager of budget status.
* Directs technical efforts of discipline staff assigned to the
* Monitors discipline adherence to strategy, key date schedule and
* Communicates discipline design decisions to A/E project team as
directed by the Design Manager.
* Assists in coordinating information with and monitoring
discipline-related outside consultants.
* Prepares Meeting minutes and other communications in coordination
with design manager.
* Interfaces with client as directed by Design Manager.
* Leads production of a complete coordinated set of construction
* Mentoring of assigned staff.
* Typically Eight years discipline experience, typically four years
as a licensed professional.
* Project experience on a variety of projects from simple to
complex and small to large.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc..:
* Presentation skills
* Management skills
* Licensed/Registered Architect
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
Keywords: The Haskell Company, Saint Peters , Senior Architect, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!